Early Bird Business Golf League 2019
Your chance to play 6-holes of golf, followed by a hearty breakfast… all before 0930 on a Tuesday morning!
Local firms are split into groups to play 6-hole league matches on Tuesday mornings throughout May and June.
The league culminates in an 18-hole ‘Finals Day’ event in September, including a presentation dinner to crown the winners.
- Each team comprises two players. The players in each team can vary, but in order to compete on Finals Day a player must have played at least two league matches;
- League matches are 4Ball Betterball matchplay, played over 6-holes;
- Each team plays four qualifying matches on the assigned dates, one against every other team in their group;
- League matches shotgun start at 0730. Coffee and briefing at 0700, breakfast at 0900.
- Maximum handicap allowed is 24 for men, 32 for ladies. Handicap shots are calculated based on 3/4 of the handicap difference compared to the lowest handicap golfer, divided by three to account for the 6-hole course. Ladies receive one extra shot to allow for the standard scratch difference.
- 3 points are awarded for a win, 1 for a draw;
- Points are carried forward to the Finals Day, which will be a 2Ball Betterball stableford event, played over 18-holes.