Join the team
Dainton Park is a modern, lively golf club in the heart of South Devon. The club is proprietary owned, with a vision to reach out to everyone and provide exceptional customer service. Facilities include an 18-holes of classic parkland golf, a restaurant and private hire function room, practise facilities including a 10-bay floodlit covered driving range, private teaching studio and a short game practise area, and a 52 sqm Pro-shop. We have approximately 800 golf members, 200 gym members and 15,000 visitor rounds per year.
The club has built a loyal customer base and a solid reputation in the local community. We have a fantastic team of green keepers, golf professionals, catering staff, personal training instructors and office workers, who all treat the business as their own.
VACANCY - ASSISTANT PROFESSIONAL
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Professional to join our established team. We are happy to consider applicants from all stages of their degree training.
To begin with, this will primarily be a shop-based role with the opportunity to coach on a self-employed basis outside of shop hours. This presents fantastic earning potential and the opportunity to develop an individual client base. You will be expected to carry out the following roles on a weekly basis:
· 30 hours in the Pro-shop per week
· Coaching (depending on experience)
· Work towards your PGA Degree
· Assist the Golf Manager with society bookings and club competitions
· Assist the Pro-shop Team with stock ordering and sales
If you think this role is for you, please send your CV and a covering letter to the Golf Operations Manager via email ([email protected]) by Wednesday 16th June.
VACANCY - MECHANIC / GREENKEEPER
What You’ll Do
· Maintain the workshop in an orderly and safe manner
· Service machinery according to manufacturers’ schedules
· Keep service, training and inventory logs
· Set up fine turf cutting units and tractor mounted equipment
· Assist with golf course presentation – grass cutting, strimming, raking bunkers, etc – using a variety of ride-on, hand cutting and agricultural machinery
What You Offer
· Experience maintaining and servicing machinery and equipment
· Basic greenkeeping skills
· A practical ‘hands on’ attitude, happy to help wherever needed
· An understanding of basic health and safety procedures
· Ability to work as part of a team or alone when required
· Attention to detail and a pride in presentation of the golf course
What We Offer
· Dainton Park is a relaxed, professional place to work, set in a beautiful rural location
· Salary £10-12 per hr depending on experience and responsibilities
· 5.6wks holiday per year
· Use all our facilities
· Applications to Daniel Wood [email protected]